When I think of springtime, I think of fresh new flowers, and new babies being born, new everything. So, as Hampton University is about to embark on yet another Spring Semester, here are so tips on making a fresh new impression on your school year.
- Be diligent about managing your time. DO NOT under any circumstances put all your time into your school. Honestly, it causes you to be unhappier, because it will consume you and drive you crazy. When you are busier with other activities (Clubs, organizations, hobbies, and exercise), you are more likely to do better in your classes.
- Stay away from unhappiness. This includes, but is not limited to the males in your life, your major, clubs and organizations you are apart of, and anything else that makes you unhappy. Do what makes you the happiest, and everything else that you have to do.
- Makeover. Each semester I attempted to enhance something that I wasn’t happy with. Spring 2013 was my grades, Fall 2013 was my social life, and Spring 2014 is my physical appearance. I have perfected my makeup, and how I want to look, so yeah. Yours could be changing your hair, your eating habits or anything! Just remember that it takes 21 days to create a habit, once you’re over that hill, you can do anything!
- Inspirational quotes of the week. I attribute a lot of my success to my white-board that I put inspirational quotes on. I try to do a new one every week, but sometimes they remain relevant for more than just that week.
- Schoolwork. Be as organized as possible, this will just make your life sooooo much easier trust me. I have lived that unorganized life, and I am never looking back! One of the greatest things I learned last semester was if you do your work as soon as you get it, it doesn’t become as overwhelming. Do large assignments over time, by breaking them into little pieces that you can do everyday.
And that is how I make sure that the new semester goes as smooth as possible.
Keep It Classy,