Hello Beauties! Today I am going to be writing about how I am planning on staying organized for my new graduate school program! This is just a potential plan, however, during my post-bacc program, I learned some of the things I was doing to stay organized weren’t working or I want to change to make better in the future. So here we go 🙂
- A digital journal/planner! I swear by a good planner! I attribute a HUGE part of my success in school to Planners. Planners allow me to keep everything in one place and stay organized. I rarely forget things because it’s in my planner and it takes the hard part of trying to remember everything out of it for me. I also feel like taking time to write in my planner is a form of mindfulness – I can’t multitask and plan correctly. It allows me to focus on that moment of planning. I recently converted to digital planning using Microsoft One and I am freaking in love. Planners help me see the big picture of everything I need to do. Here is a video showing you how I created it – watch here.
Assignment sheets/checklist – I started creating these my junior year of college. Using all my syllabi I basically I make a chart/list of every assignment due for that semester. I normally have assignment name, class name, due date, and points as headers. For some reason, this really helps me towards the end of the semester when things are getting hectic. I try to work ahead as much as possible and the assignment sheet keeps me on track so I never miss an assignment.
- Apple/Google Calendars for iOS. I am obsessed with my apple/google calendars. I literally input everything on them. For me, I like to be able to physically see my calendar/schedule on my phone. It’s convenient for me because I ALWAYS have my phone. I have a calendar for almost every aspect of my life. I am going to be using the following color system.
- School/Study/Work on Assignments – Pink-ish Red.
- Blog/Youtube things – Purple
- Exercise/Walk Nehemiah – Orange
- Home/Parent/Family things – Blue
- Birthdays – Red
- Social/Church/Lunch/Brunch/Hang Outs – Green
- An Organized School Bag. I alternate between using an actual backpack and a tote bag (depending on how I am dressed typically). This year, I am really going to focus on carrying less “just in case” things. Since I am planning on taking my notes digitally – will try to only carry my iPad and books.
- As I just mentioned above I will be writing all of my notes digitally using my Apple iPad Pro. Depending on how the class is set up I will most likely handwrite my notes and then go back and transcribe them as a study method. However, for some classes I know that will not be feasible and I will have to type my notes using my Bluetooth keyboard. The main reason I want to go digital is that I want to carry around less junk and streamline every part of this grad school process.
I hope this helps you get organized for school! What are some of the methods you are planning to use to stay organized in the fall? Share below in the comments!
XOXO, Tanesha Renae